Toggle menu

Licensing and registrations

Licensing and registration applications, renewals and guidance for the Lewes District and borough of Eastbourne

Key licensing and registration services are listed in the panels below. You can select a panel's title, for example, Taxi licensing, to access a full list for that service.

This page covers services for both councils. If you have chosen to access information from your own council only, selecting one of the services below will take you to information for that council.

Pavement licences

You can apply for a pavement licence for your business in Eastbourne or the Lewes district. The licence will allow you to place tables and chairs outside your premises to serve food and drinks.

Piercing, tattooing and electrolysis licences

How to register with us, complete an application and pay a fee before passing an inspection.

Pay a licensing fee

Use our online form to make licensing fee payments on an application you have already submitted.

Public register of licences

Find our public register of licences for your council

Environmental Permitting

Companies carrying out activities that could potentially cause emissions to air, land or water may need to hold an Environmental Permit and/or a Chimney Height Approval.

Cooling towers

All premises where cooling towers and evaporative condensers are situated must register with their local council.

Scrap metal licence

If you are a scrap metal dealer you need to hold an in-date site or mobile collector's licence. You are not able to hold the two different types of licence within one council area.

Boat licence

Pleasure boats and small vessels used for carrying passengers or hired for leisure need a licence to operate from Newhaven Harbour.

Camping and touring caravan licences

All camp sites for tenants and caravans are required to be licensed by the local council.

Authorisation to show a film

The showing of films is a licensable activity under the Licensing Act 2003. It requires either a premises licence, club premises certificate or temporary event notice to be in place before a film is shown to the public.

Sex establishment licence

Sex establishments, including sex cinemas and sex shops, need to be licensed through your Local Authority.

A-Z of licensing

Search our licensing section by A to Z or by licensing type. You can also use the search bar to find what you are looking for.

Share this page

Facebook icon Twitter icon email icon


print icon