Toggle menu

Wheelie bins

Latest updates on rollout of wheelie bins for refuse in Lewes district

Camping and touring caravan licences

All camp sites for tenants and caravans are required to be licensed by the local council.

The licences are issued subject to conditions and can be issued for a fixed period or in perpetuity but the local council retains the power to alter the licence conditions at any time, including the duration of the licence. There are several categories of licence.

As well as a site licence, you may also need planning permission.

Apply online

If you wish to apply for a camping and touring caravan site licence for either tents or caravans, you can do this on-line through


The legislation covering this licence is the Public Health Act 1936, Section 268 and 269 Caravan Sites and the Control of Development Act.