Building control charges
Our fees and charges relevant to the type of work you are doing.
Eastbourne Borough Council has partnered with the East Sussex Building Control Partnership for building control services. If you live in Eastbourne you can find out more information on the East Sussex Building Control Partnership.
The fees for building control within the Lewes district depend on what type of work you're doing, please refer to the individual fee tables below. Guidance notes can be found towards the bottom of this page. If multiple works are carried out at the same time on the same application, a 50% discount will apply to the cheaper items.
Full plans applications (charged in two stages)
- Plan check charge: this charge is for us to check and approve your plans and is payable when you submit your application to us. Payment can be made by credit / debit card over the phone, BACS, or by cheque made payable to Lewes District Council
- Inspection charge: this covers all site inspections as well as your completion certificate when the works are complete. This will be invoiced to you following commencement of works, after we've made our first site inspection
Building notice applications
A single fee is payable when you submit your application which covers all site inspections as well as a completion certificate when the works are complete. Payment can be made by credit / debit card over the phone, BACS, or by cheque made payable to Lewes District Council.
The fee for regularisation applications is charged at 130% of the building notice charge (no VAT payable).
Which fee table is relevant to my project?
- Fee table A - for new dwelling houses and flats, and conversion / change of use of existing buildings
- Fee table B - for works to an existing single dwelling house
- Fee table C - for commercial projects / works to non-domestic buildings
Application charges guidance notes
You can download guidance notes on application charges below.