Information in alternative formats and languages
We aim to make our website accessible to all. Information and documents published on the website can be adapted instantly into accessible formats by our ReachDeck (formerly BrowseAloud) toolbar.
ReachDeck is a free toolbar on every page of our website which allows you to:
- have pages or selected text read out loud to you
- get written and spoken translations in multiple languages through ReachDeck's partnership with Google Translate*
- convert selected text into an MP3
- block distractions on screen with a tinted mask
- enlarge text and read it aloud
- remove clutter and display only the main text
- customise options to suit your individual needs or preferences
If English is not your first language, the council can provide documents and publications in other languages, large type, Braille or audio. The council can also provide interpreters if you need to contact us over the telephone, attend an appointment or event.
To request information in a different format or interpreter support, please contact the Customer Contact team on 01323 410000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The councils are not responsible for the accuracy or quality of translations provided by Google Translate, either through the ReachDeck toolbar or through customers' own use of Google Translate on their device's browser.