The Eastbourne and Lewes areas are the perfect environment for staying fit. Eastbourne sits beside the sea and below the South Downs National Park. The Lewes district is within and below the South Downs National Park and is also partially beside the sea.
There are many parks, playgrounds, green spaces, courts and pitches for everyone to use in both areas.
Sports, fitness, gym and facilities
Sports, leisure centres and swimming pools in both areas offer a variety of classes for all ages. Perfect for getting and keeping fit.
The following services in the Eastbourne and Lewes areas are offered by partner and other organisations:
- Health Trainers: free service offering motivation and advice to help people across East Sussex get active and healthy
Getting fit in the Lewes district
Leisure centres and swimming pools in the Lewes district are run by Wave Leisure.
Find full details of Wave Leisure's sports centre and gym membership including how to book and join online. You can also get information on:
- gym and fitness
- sport activities for adults and juniors
- soft play
The following activities in the Lewes area are offered by partner and other organisations:
- Peacehaven park run: a free weekly timed 5k run. Peacehaven's takes place at Centenary Park, Piddinghoe Avenue, Peacehaven on Saturday mornings
- ESCIS: Lewes fitness classes, Seaford fitness classes, Newhaven fitness classes and Peacehaven fitness classes
- ESCIS: Lewes sports clubs, Seaford sports clubs, Newhaven sports clubs and Peacehaven sports cubs
Getting fit in Eastbourne
Find full details of Eastbourne's four sports centres on the Sport Eastbourne website. It covers:
- Hampden Park Sports Centre
- Cavendish Sports Centre
- Shinewater Sports and Community Centre
- Eastbourne Sports Park
You can find information and prices for:
- gym memberships
- fitness classes
- pitch and court hire
- birthday parties
- school holiday schemes
- plus additional football pitches for hire from Eastbourne Borough Council
Eastbourne's two swimming pools are run by the Eastbourne Leisure Trust:
- Sovereign Centre has a wide range of facilities plus fitness classes, swimming lessons and fun activities available to suit all ages and abilities. It has a fun pool with waves and flume, a 25 metre gala pool, gym, workout classes, health suite and café.
- Motcombe pool offers fun kids sessions, aqua splash exercise classes, swimming lessons and exclusive senior citizen sessions.
The following activities in the Eastbourne area are offered by partner and other organisations:
- Eastbourne park run: a free weekly timed 5k run. They take place all over the country with the website for each locations listing times and personal bests. Eastbourne's takes place around Shinewater lake on Saturday mornings
- East Sussex Community Information Service (ESCIS): Eastbourne fitness classes listing of fitness classes in and around Eastbourne
- ESCIS: Eastbourne sports clubs listing of sports clubs in and around Eastbourne